Saturday, October 20, 2012

KWAIDAN








The story of MIMI-NASHI-HICHI.

This story was very grounded in religion. He lives with a priest and he writes spiritual text on him to protect him. But of course he forgets his ears. The part I found most scary was just the fact that he was blind and some stranger lead him away. He followed this strange voice to somewhere unknown and placed all his trust in the person leading him. I have to say I did enjoyed when the servants tried to pull him from the graveyard and he was offended and said it was rude of them and they just laughed in his face. It was just a quirky moment to point out how ridiculous he was acting.

OSHIDORI

I am vegan so I find this story upsetting. I feel most vegetarians/vegans have a moment that is an eye opener. A moment where you don’t see meet as food, instead you see it as a rotting corpse. An animal that once had a life and died in pain. This is an intensified version of that moment. I can understand why a lot of Americans could not relate to this. For that reason the cultural differences are strong in this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment