Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Martian Chronicles


I read Ray Bradburys The Martian Chronicles. I really enjoyed reading these short stories. This is my kind of science fiction. They are beautifully written. I love the twist and turns. We are not on Mars we have traveled back in time! They remind me of the twilight zone in a wonderful way. You can relate to the martins on mars and care about them. I have to say my favorite story is still the first one. The woman who dreams an alien man from earth that sweeps her off her feet. The ending is not black and white but by hints and assumptions you know that her husband shot the earth man. The story that I thought was kind of confusing was the Earth Men. It didn’t really make sense to me. How could they believe anything is real if their race is so capable of creating hallucinations telepathically? They must have tests that can prove what is real and what is fake. Shooting people because you think they are insane is pretty harsh. I just feel like this story has a few holes in it. Overall the book is a page turner and a delight to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment