Monday, November 26, 2012

Videodrome




I watched this a few years ago not knowing what to expect. James Woods is wonderfully perfect for the role. A very strange film that combines sex horror and fear of technology. His TV moves as if it is alive. The tape becomes part of him and controls his life. He starts searching for more and more answers but the farther he goes the more strange things yet. My favorite part is where his hand turns into a gooey fleshy gun. The ending is pretty confusing and unresolved in my opinion. He wonders to an abandon ship and kills himself. The first time I watched it the ending upset me. The whole movie is building and building up to more answers and maybe a solution and they it seems to end abruptly. But in the end it is a classic 80's horror movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment