Saturday, November 3, 2012

Being John Malkovich


"I hope you can understand what I am saying I have a horrible speech impediment."

This surreal movie is a master piece. This was my second time watching it and I feel I appreciate it more the second time around. I love its dark odd sense of humor. The dialog is very clever and insightful. The acting is wonderful. The underlying struggles of using someone for you own gain and loving someone who dose not love you back. These are basic concepts but they are amplified through this portal into Malkovich. This portal allows these conflicts to grow more literal and complicated. The way that Maxine uses 3 people for her own pleasure. The puppeteer who uses a real body as his puppet. It is a modern fantasy that hits close to home. I enjoyed the ironic ending of the husband being stuck inside his wife and her lover Maxine/Malkovich’s daughter. Forever trapped in her subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment